Wednesday 25 May 2011

Melon's Film of the week - The Notebook

The Notebook - Starring: Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling

Behind every great love is a great story.

As teenagers, Allie and Noah begin a whirlwind courtship that soon blossoms into tender intimacy.  The young couple is quickly separated by Allie's upper-class parents who insist Noah isn't right for her.  Several years pass, and, when they meet again, their passion is rekindled, forcing Allie to choose between her soulmate and her class order.  This beautiful tale has a particularly special meaning to an older gentleman who regularly reads the timeless love story to his aging companion.

Based on the best selling novel by Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook is at once heartwarming and heartbreaking and will capture you in its sweeping and emotional force.

RATINGS: 10/10 Just magical!

I first watched this film when I was 17 and it is now one of my all-time favourite movies. I love the way that Allie and Noah's relationship blossoms. I love how much of a gentleman Noah is :) ... I used to say to Atori, 'one day I'm going to get myself a Noah.' I think it's really hard for me to choose a favourite scene as I loved the entire movie. I did watch the film before I read the book, so when i read the book, I was a little confused as the book is in the opposite direction to the film... the end of the film is how the book starts. The film shows a lot more detail about their relationship than the book as it just mentions their courtship rather than saying how they met and places they went etc. If you love chick-flicks then you will love this movie! :D

Melon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment